The following Israel Private tour package covers the following areas:
Day 1 – The Galilee and the Beautiful North
- Drive along the coastal road to Caesarea to visit the Roman theatre and the Crusader
- Proceed to Haifa Carmel and the Panorama observation point and Fortress
- Drive to Acre to visit the Crusader strongholds, the medieval fortifications and the Crypt of St. John.
- Drive to the Mount of Beatitudes, scene of the Sermon on the Mount.
- Ascend Mt Tabor and visit the Church of Transfiguration from where you will have a magnificent view of the Lower Galilee.
- Continue to Poriya and overview of Sea of Galilee, Jordan Valley, and Golan Heights.
- Overnight in Jerusalem.
Useful Information: Mount Beatitudes
Day 2 – Nazareth & Sea of Galilee
- Begin the day with a drive to Nazareth – the hometown of Christ
- Visit the Annunciation Church and Mary’s well
- Discover the Church of Saint Joseph
- Continue towards the Sea of Galilee and the city of Tiberias.
- Enjoy an approximate 45 mins of an unforgettable boat ride on the Sea of Galilee. For more information click here.
- Continue for a visit to the Boat Chapel.
- Visit Capernaum, where Jesus gave the Sermon on the Bread of Life.
- Overnight in Jerusalem
Day 3 – Bethlehem and Mount of Olives
- Begin the day with a drive to the City of Bethlehem, crossing to the West Bank.
- Visit the Nativity Church, the birthplace of Jesus and Manger Square and the Chapel of the Milk Grotto.
- Optional: Souvenir shopping from Christian families – Olive wood Christmas Nativities (very popular) – Jerusalem wooden or diamond crosses.
- Visit The Sheperd’s Field: Where the Angel appeared to the Shepard’s’ announcing the Birth of Jesus
- Ascend to the Famous Mount of Olives which will grant us a panoramic view of the Old City of Jerusalem: Explaining the History of Jerusalem as of 18th Century BC until today.
- Discover The Chapel of the Ascension: where Jesus ascended to heaven
- Visit Pater Noster: Where the Lord taught his disciples “the Lord’s Prayer” and Dominus Flevit: Where Jesus wept and prophesized the destruction of Jerusalem
- Explore the Gardens of “Gethsemane” and the Church of all Nations, where Jesus spent his last night, and where he was betrayed by Judas of Kiriath.
- Visit the tomb and Church of the Virgin Mary, located at the bottom of the mount.
Day 4 – Jericho & Dead Sea
- Descend towards the Dead Sea – the lowest Sea in the world.
- Stop at Jericho: the Oldest City in the World.
- Enjoy a Bedouin Hospitality experience. For more information click here.
- Enjoy the view of the Dead Sea and Jericho from the famous Mount of Temptation – where Jesus was tempted by the Devil.
- Visit the Jordan River – Baptismal site (Qasr al-Yahud) and attend a baptize ceremony in the river. For more information click here.
- Continue to Qumran Caves – where the famous Dead Sea scrolls were unraveled.
- Hike in Wadi Qelt towards the Monastery of Saint George of Choziba.
Useful Information: Monastery of Saint George of Choziba
Day 5 – Old City of Jerusalem & Mount Zion
- Begin the Day with a Helicopter flight to get overview of Jerusalem from above. Additional Information available here.
- Drive to Mt. Zion for a visit to the room of the Last Supper and Tomb of King David
- Discover the St. Peter in Gallicantu Church and The high priest “Caiafa’s” house, where Jesus was imprisoned, and where Peter had denied Jesus three times
- Walk the Via Dolorosa (the way of the cross): Walk the 14 stations from the place where Jesus was condemned to Crucifixion all the way to the place of his Crucifixion, burial and later Resurrection.
- Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre – the last station of the cross the mainly agreed site of Jesus burial and resurrection
- Visit the neighborhood of Ein Karem
- Overnight in Jerusalem / Late flight home