The following 1 Week Holy Land Tour Package focuses on Touring, Hiking and Relaxing in the Deserts of the Holy Land.
Begin the Tour with a 2 Days visit to the Holy city of Jerusalem and continue for an unforgettable experience in the Judaean and Negev Deserts.
In addition to the overall visit of Jerusalem, this tour Package grants you the ability to visit some of the best highlights of the Southern Holy Land.
It includes hiking in Makhtesh Ramon, a Visit to Ein Gedi National Park, Masada, and many others!
The difficulty level and length of the hiking experiences which are included throughout this plan will be decided with eatch group separately.
To spice your tour a bit, the package also includes some unique experiences for all of your senses.
You will be able to feel the winds through the Jeep tour, taste its culture through smell and taste during our food tasting tour, and stargaze at Night while camping in the Desert!
All the tours of this package are private, made of small groups(Only you and who accompanies you during your visit) and are led by one of our Licensed Christian tour guides.
Day 1: Arrival to Tel Aviv and Airport VIP Service
This day is mostly dedicated to your arrival and mostly depends on your arrival time.
- Enjoy an Airport VIP Service upon your arrival – a representative will escort you through all incoming procedures, luggage collection, immigration, customs, etc.
- Depending on your arrival time, we can conduct a Half day tour in old Jaffa – one of the oldest ports in the world.
- Drive to Jerusalem and spend the night there.
Day 2-3: The Old City and Modern Jerusalem
- Begin the tour with a visit to the Wailing wall and walk through the underground tunnels.
- Continue to the Temple Mount (Early Start) The First Holy Temple of the Jewish people was built atop Mt. Moriah, north of the City of David, in the mid-10th Century BCE
- Walk the old City Christian Quarter and Via Dolorosa.
- Stop at the stations of the Cross and visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in the Old City.
- Explore the Jewish Quarter Explore the Jewish Quarter of the Old City including the Cardo (the ancient marketplace from Roman times), the Broad Wall and walk by the Hurva Synagogue which was destroyed by the Jordanian army in the 1948 War of Independence and has recently been completely rebuilt.
- Visit the City of David and the Davidson center.
- Spend a Night in Jerusalem
- Begin the next day with an interesting and enriching geopolitical tour in south Jerusalem along the Security Fence.
- Also, Enjoy a tasting tour at Mahane Yehuda Market, you will taste all the layers of Jerusalem and hear how it became the most popular market in Israel. Taste authentic food, the same our grandmothers prepared hundreds of years ago, the finest the market has to offer.
- Later, Ascend to the Mount of Olives for a magnificent overlook of the City of David, the Temple Mount, the Old City and the oldest Jewish cemetery in the world.
- Visit the Church of Pater Noster
- Walk the Gardens of Gethsemane – a garden of ancient Olive trees and visit the church of all nations where Jesus met often with the Disciples
- Explore the Dominus Flevit (the Lord cried) and the Russian Orthodox Church of Mary Magdalene with its iconic Golden Cupolas(Onion Domes).
- Spend the Night in Jerusalem
Day 4: Judean Desert
- Early Hike to Masada Hilltop to Enjoy the sunrise – You will ascend to the ancient fort of Masada, Herod’s spectacular hilltop fortress, by cable car and enter through the casemate wall.
- Ein Gedi National Park (time permitting) – The largest oasis on the western shore of the Dead Sea, Ein Gedi is mentioned in the Biblical story of David hiding from King Saul in these canyon caves(1 Samuel 24:1-2)
- Swim & Lunch at Dead Sea Anytime from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Isrotel Dead Sea Hotel. Then
- Spend time floating and soaking in the miraculous waters of the Dead Sea (the saltiest waters on earth)
- Drive to Sde Boker and then you will travel to your campsite
- Dinner at Campsite
- Star Gazing Experience – fun and interactive activity, suitable for the whole family. After a short introduction, each participant gets a “star map” of different constellations or planet positions and then with the help of an app on your smartphone (or an iPad supplied by the tour) is taught how to identify and point out stars and constellations to the rest of the group
- Overnight Camping in the Negev
Day 5: Wilderness OF Zin
- Enjoy A full day of hiking and leisure- Hiking Difficulty level and length will be determined with the clients
- Visit Avdat National Park The short hike through the Ein Avdat National Park is for one of the most beautiful desert hikes in Israel.
- Experience the Ein Akev Spring Hike the Akev Stream canyon in the Wilderness of Zin, to enjoy the chilly waters of a desert oasis waterfall.
- Lunch with Guide and transfer to Beresheet Hotel – one of the most luxurious Hotels in the Holy Land(with Private pools in each room).
- Beresheet Spa Spend some time relaxing at the hotel pool and spa
- Dinner at Beresheet
- Overnight at the Beresheet Hotel, Mitzpe Ramon
Day 6: Mitzpe Ramon
- Begin the day with a hike in Maktesh Ramon. Go on an amazing adventure in Machtesh Ramon, a hiker’s paradise with challenging climbs, unique geology and picturesque landscapes, as well as ancient ruins and desert wildlife.
- Take a jeep ride into Makhtesh Ramon to see the spectacular geological formations unique to this Negev Desert. Look for signs of desert wildlife and adapted desert vegetation in the Wilderness of Zin, where Biblical stories tell the Israelites once roamed for 40 years.
- Explore the Mitzpe Ramon Visitors Center (on your own) – Enjoy a modern, digital tour at the Mitzpe Ramon Visitors Center and learn about the unique geological phenomenon called a “Makhtesh” (erosion crater) with its delightful desert flora and fauna.
- Spend some time relaxing at the luxurious hotel pool and spa of Beresheet.
- Dinner and Overnight at the Beresheet Hotel, Mitzpe Ramon
Day 7: Departure Day
- This day is determined on your departure time
- Begin the drive towards TLV Airport
- If time permits, stop at Mamshite – an ancient Nabatean village and trading post along the ancient silk road
- Proceed to Tel Aviv with the VIP Assistance service