Celebrating Christmas in Nazareth is a unique event in the hearts of many Christians.
This is due to the fact that it is the hometown of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Today, Nazareth is Israel’s largest Arab city and the capital city of the northern district.
Although the majority of the city’s population are Muslims, it is a home to a large Christian population.
Therefore, Christmas in Nazareth is a very unique experience.
Although it is incredibly unlikely to have snow at Christmas, the city’s large Christian population celebrate along with thousands of tourists who visit for the holiday.
The Christmas trees which stand throughout the town and people who put on their Santa costumes provide an almost biblical atmosphere.
Christmas celebrations in Nazareth are characterized by festivals, services in the holiest churches, giving presents, and throwing unforgettable parties.
Additionally, on Christmas Eve there are massive and colorful parades through the town to celebrate this holy event.
Finally, there is no better way for a pilgrim to experience Christmas in Nazareth, like going on a Private Christian tour in the city.
Only a Private tour, led by a certified, local and Christian guide can provide the Christian folk with both touristic and spiritual experience.
Christmas in Nazareth 2018 events:
- On December 17th you will enjoy the official lighting of the Christmas Tree, located on Paulo VI Street
- Additionally, on December 17th there is a Christmas tree lighting at Mary’s Well at 19:30.
- Between December 17th-22th go to the all-day Christmas Market, where you can find some authentic Christmas gifts, souvenirs, and decorations.
- On 23 December enjoy some real Christmas festivities, with the annual Christmas Parade starting at 15:30. Make sure you come early to find a good spot as the event is very crowded.
- Experience a great fireworks display on the 23 of December at 17:30.
- On Christmas Eve attend the Midnight Mass in the Basilica of the Annunciation, which will start at 19:00.
- On Christmas Day, all Catholic Churches conduct Christmas Masses. Visit the Church of the Annunciation, where the first Mass takes place at 07:00.
- At 10:00 on Christmas day, visit the festive Mass – one of Nazareth best events.
We also recommend you to check our latest article about Christmas in Israel and Palestine to learn more information about the Christmas celebrations across the Holy Land.