Jordan River Baptism Tour is a special Pilgrimage tour opportunity in the Holy Land of Israel and Palestine.
During this tour opportunity, we will visit River Jordan – The site of the famous Baptism of Jesus.
We will enjoy the river, and learn about its history.
With our well experienced Christian guides, you will embark on a spiritual journey that will cleanse your soul.
In addition, we will be able to conduct a baptize ceremony for those who willing to be baptized.
We will take some pictures to mark this unforgettable holy ceremony.
River Jordan tour is an unforgettable spiritual experience in one of the holiest places!
Jordan River Geography
Those who expect the famous Jordan River to look like one of the large rivers around the world will probably be disappointed.
In fact, River Jordan is a narrow and shallow stream, only 251 km (156 mi) long, supplying about 500 million metric tons of water per year.
It also serves as a major source of fresh water for both Israel and Palestine.
River Jordan gets its water from three main tributaries: The Dan River, the Hermon River, and the Snir River.
All three rivers are fed from rainwater and snow that falls on Mt. Hermon and reappears at the foot of the mountain as large springs.
River Jordan in the Bible
The river has great importance for both Christian and Jewish audience for its history.
The river is mentioned many times in both the Old and the New Testament, specifically:
- The entry of the Twelve Tribes of Israel into the Promised Land by crossing the Jordan River(Joshua 3:14-17).
- Gideon the Judge pursued his enemies, the Midianites, across the river(Judges 8:10-12).
- The prophets Elijah and Elisha crossed the river to the east side, where Elijah departed to heaven carried on a chariot of fire(2 Kings 2:8).
- Elisha cured Naaman, the commander of the Aramaic army, of leprosy by dipping him seven times in the river (2 Kings 5).
- John the Baptist called upon the people to repent and be baptized in the river for spiritual purification (Mark 1:4-5)
One of them was Jesus(Matthew 3:13-17), who immediately received the Holy Spirit upon his baptism.
Jesus moved between the east side and the west side of the river to heal many people.
As a result of its religious importance, Private Jordan River Baptism Tour became very popular among the Christian audience, especially during Pilgrimage tour in the Holy Land.
Contact Holy Land VIP Tours, and we will help you to build your own custom tour for your Holy Land Pilgrimage!
We are the only Tours agency in the Holy Land which provides tour opportunities in both Israel and Palestine.
We offer tours to many cities such as Bethlehem, Nazareth, Jerusalem, Ramallah, and many other holy land tours!
In addition, we offer Special Activities during our tours, and tips for your Holy Land Visit.