Israel Private tour in the Upper Galilee is one of the best Private Tours we offer in the Beautiful North.
During this day, you will discover the beautiful region of the Golan Height and the Upper Galilee, and visit some of the most magnificent excavations in the Holy Land.
It includes the ancient ruins of the greek city Panias, and the Excavations of Tell Dan.
Moreover, we had included a Jeep tour during this day, so you will really feel the fresh northern air while discovering this land.
It is hard to determine what attracts tourists to those places.
Whether it is the beautiful Hermon Mount or the Green North one thing is sure:
Israel Private tour in the Upper Galilee is a one time experience that you will never forget!
The tour is led by a Licensed Christian Tour guide.
Highlights of the Tour
- Drive to tel Dan – the ancient seat of the Biblical Hebrew Tribe of Dan.
- Travel to the top of the Panhandle of the Galilee to walk in the Banias Nature Reserve – named after the Greek god Pan (Panias), who was worshipped in a small cave in the cliff above the spring, this is a beautiful nature reserve with rivers, streams , and waterfalls. Additionally, you will find here the ruins of the Roman city Caesarea – Philippi where Jesus proclaims to Peter “You are my rock upon where I will build my church” (Mathew 16:18). We follow the path along the stream to see an impressive flour mill and an extensively excavated archaeological site.
- Banias Waterfall (optional, Upon request) We follow the path along the stream to see the impressive waterfall that cuts its way through the rock, creating a magnificent canyon.
Useful Information: Banias National Park
- Enjoy a mobile Kitchen Culinary experience with chef Tal(More information available here).
- Proceed up the Golan Heights for an overlook from mount Hermon – Mount Hermon (Overlook Only) Mt. Hermon is the highest mountain in Israel, the location of the only ski slope for snow-loving Israelis. The Hermon is a large mountain ridge, 1/10 of which is in Israeli hands and other ninety percent forms the backbone of Syria’s western border with Lebanon. The Israeli Hermon rises 9,232 ft above sea level and on a clear day, from its peak, you can see the Mediterranean Coast on one side and Damascus, the capital of Syria, on the other. One Christian tradition mentions the Hermon as a possible site of the Transfiguration of Jesus (Matthew 17:1–9, Mark 9:2-8, Luke 9:28–36 and 2 Peter 1:16–18).
- Pelter Winery – Enjoy a tour & wine tasting at Pelter Boutique Winery. The boutique winery industry in Israel is flourishing and provides us a wide array of excellent small wineries to visit and enjoy!
- Security Briefing with IDF Officer (Optional) – At Mt. Bental, receive an in-depth, geopolitical analysis and the latest updates from the Syrian Civil War and the political situation in the Middle East from an IDF officer.
- Golan Heights Jeep Tour – Set off for a jeep excursion through the beautiful and rugged mountain terrain of the Golan Heights. Visit destroyed and abandoned Syrian army bases from the Six-Day war and battlefields from the Yom Kippur War. You will get to explore the pristine wilderness including springs, streams, and fauna which are also part of the adventure.(More information available here)