Christian tour in Jerusalem, is the best way to discover the Holy city of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem, also known as Al-Quds in Arabic, is one of the most ancient cities in the world.
The city of Jerusalem is holy and sacred for the three Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
During this Christian tour, we will visit the most sacred and holy sites to Christianity in Jerusalem.
Highlights of the tour
- Visit the Old City and follow the last steps of the Messiah beyond the living.
- Discover the pool of Siloam.
- Follow the path of Jesus towards his Crucifixion in the Via Dolorosa, and stop at each one of the “stations of the Cross”.
- Visit the
- Discover the Church of Holy Sepulchre, and Church of Pater Nostre in Mount Olives.
- Visit the Russian Orthodox Church, located in the Russian compound.
- Discover Ein Karem – the hometown of the John the Baptist.
We begin the day entering through Jaffa gate to the Jewish quarter, in the old city of Jerusalem.
The Jaffa Gate is one of seven main entrances to Jerusalem’s Old City.
We will stroll through the busy streets of the old city, through its markets and even explore the Pool of Siloam – an excavation of the same pool where Jesus healed the blind man.
From there we will begin following the last steps of our Lord Jesus. We will walk the famous Via Dolorosa, the same path that Jesus walked on his way to his Crucifixion site.
The street earned its name – the”Way of Grief” for this event.
We will stop at each of the stations of the cross until we reach the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
This church contains some of the holiest sites of the Christian faith:
- The site where the Messiah was crucified – a place known as “Calvary” or “Golgotha”.
- Jesus’s empty tomb, where he is said to have been buried and resurrected.
We continue our Christian tour in Jerusalem with a visit to the Russian Compound and the Russian Orthodox church.
The Russian Compound is one of the oldest districts in central Jerusalem.
There, we will visit the Holy Trinity Cathedral which belongs to the Russian Orthodox Church.
From there we will ascend to the Mount of Olives for a visit Later, to the Garden of Gethsemanes and the famous Church of all nations.
We will also visit other notable churches in the area including the Church of Pater Nostre.
After that, we will begin our drive to our last stop, in southwest Jerusalem, to the Ein Kerem neighborhood.
This neighborhood (and an ancient village) is the birthplace of John the Baptist.
Consequently, many churches were commissioned there in the name of the prophet.
We will take a walk in the beautiful neighborhood and enjoy the magnificent sunset in the valley.
Finally, we will visit the Church of the Visitation, Church of St. John the Baptist, Mary’s Spring and finish our tour in a luxurious dinner, enjoying the magnificent atmosphere.